Introduction (and Thanks for Visiting, By the Way)

For the most part, I'm not the type who would keep a journal, or post regularly on a blog for that matter. (Write? Yes, and write "tons". Journal? No, that's something different.) Sometimes people change, though; and sometimes people have times when they're going through "A Thing" of one sort or another. Since I don't tend to be the kind of person who changes very dramatically, I suppose, maybe (no, know) that I'm going through a number of "Things". And if not "Things", then at least situations/dilemmas that seem to bring on the urge to write some types of things that I'd otherwise not particularly have the urge to write.



Thursday, September 10, 2015

Finally Just About Finished Organizing The Free-Time, Online Writing

Although, out of necessity and for reasons I won't go into here, this blog has quite a bit of stuff on it that I'll eventually move; I've set up this one blog as the one I'll use as my "only real one".  It's not that I don't still have stuff (posts, pages, blogs, accounts, etc.) that doesn't need updating, polishing, transferring, or deleting.  I do.  It's just that I now have a better idea about what I need to do with any number of those things.

I haven't really written anything (or at least anything worth writing) online since, I think, last Winter.  (The combination of that record-breaking Winter combined with the long-running upheaval with Internet "writing platforms" (like HubPages) and then combined with any number of factors  in online/offline life meant I either didn't have the time or energy to do any writing AND THEN to decide whether, if at all, I'd post it online.

I actually did build up a little collection of new stuff in my computer.   It's just been a matter of not being certain I wanted to post it in one place or another (and not having my own site or blog that I saw as "worth adding something good to".

As a result, blogs that I set up with the idea of eventually further developing them went neglected (which is different from "not-being-neglected-and-just-in-need-of-the-next-step-while-still-having-a-long-term-aim").

Then I had old stuff that that I moved from one place but never really decided to move it to another place.  But, I had also stuff that I moved from one place and willy-nilly (well, sort of willy-nilly) posted in any number of places that looked in need of something new.

For the most part, once I decided to try to do something with the online mess that had "gone on" as a result of the number of years I've spent on the free-time stuff AND the general upheaval in the world of online writing; the only thing I felt like writing was (as this, right here is) yet more discussion about my own, individual, process of trying to sort out and organize any number of things.  (Actually, I vowed to myself that I was not going to write any more stuff that was longer than, say, a paragraph, about the ongoing organizing/sorting project.  Anyone who actually reads this will now see that I haven't quite managed to keep that particular vow.)

In any case, I've made some real progress with regard to de-emphasizing what needed to be de-emphasized.  And, I've made some reasonable peace with not yet being able to transfer, delete and/or otherwise polish up a number of things that either fall under the category of "long-term aims" or else "not hurting anyone by not being deleted today".

The only real reason I'm writing this particular post is to have yet one more "explanation"/"organization" post in case a) I don't happen to do anything else on this blog for a few days, and b) (I'll be honest) to get rid of the most recent post that has a picture on it that I don't want to keep seeing every time I'm at this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment